The Maysville-Mason County Industrial Development Authority was created through an inter-local cooperative agreement in 1985 between the City of Maysville and Mason County, Kentucky.
Our Purpose and Mission
- The Authority was created to serve as the economic development and marketing agency for Maysville and Mason County by promoting the Maysville area as a national and international basis for new or expanding manufacturing projects.
- The Authority works with local businesses and local governments to develop the resources and infrastructure necessary to support its economic development program.
- The Authority also works in a supportive role for private developers.
- The Authority has two main goals:
- To create new jobs and increase the diversity of jobs.
- Expand the tax base of local governments.
Strategies, Tactics, and Targets to Accomplish Future Community Economic Goals:
- Continue to build and support Maysville’s world-class local workforce.
- Continuously Improve broadband access and connectivity throughout the area.
- Continue to highlight and bolster our logistical advantages including
- Availability of Class 1 Rail
- Ohio River access
- Continuously improve strong relationships in Frankfort with the Cabinet for Economic Development, Workforce Development, and Department of Transportation.
- Focus on job expansion and retention within our local industries.
- Promote regionalism for future development efforts.
- Lead and support local allied economic and workforce development partners to promote and increase economic vitality in Maysville and Mason County.
- Highlight and promote available commercial buildings and sites to relocating entities.